We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. The appointment is usually 30 minutes in length and is free of charge. During the appointment, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. Our objective is to be as informative as possible and we encourage you to ask questions. A written summary of our findings and recommendations will be provided to you and your family dentist.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- How does insurance work?
- What are my payment options?
One of three outcomes will be determined at this visit:
- Treatment is not needed; no further visits necessary
- Treatment will be needed in the future; complimentary observation appointment will be scheduled
- Treatment is needed now; records appointment scheduled
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will recommend that records be taken to address specific areas of concern or if treatment is recommended now.
Orthodontics records are taken at a separate appointment that is 30 to 45 minutes in length and consist of X-rays, photographs, and molds of your teeth. From this information, an accurate diagnosis is made and appropriate treatment plans developed.
A case presentation appointment will be scheduled after the records visit to discuss treatment options, timeframes, office policies, financial arrangements, and answer any additional questions or concerns that you may have. We will provide you and your dentist with a detailed report of the diagnosis and proposed treatment plan. We have found that the best results occur when there is outstanding communication between our office, the dentist, and each patient.
Before your first visit, please take time to complete the New Patient Form, which is available on this website. By completing this form prior to your arrival, we can begin your first visit without delay. Please also be aware of your insurance coverage. If you have orthodontic coverage, please bring the needed paperwork so that we may assist you in understanding your orthodontic benefits. Due to the importance of your initial visit, we encourage the attendance of any and all family members who are involved in making decisions regarding orthodontic treatment.
Click here to make an appointment with Dr. Ritucci.